Renuen Corporation - Scammed by Renuen Corp / Energy Solutions of Florida? Two-part series provides important steps for people to follow before signing contracts.
The Lerman Law Firm (Cathy Jackson Lerman, PA) today praised WPTV investigative reporter Jenn Strathman for her efforts to lay out key steps that consumers should take to protect themselves before hiring home improvement contractors. In a two-part series* that aired on the West Palm Beach NBC affiliate WPTV, Strathman conducted in-depth interviews with two elderly customers of Renuen Corporation, a publicly traded company (RENU) in Jupiter, Florida. These two elderly women had purchased solar water systems from the company that were not correctly permitted (according to Renuen’s CEO) and did not work properly.
Strathman warned consumers to be vigilant when signing contracts for home improvement work, particularly when the products are financed. Consumers should check out the contractor to make sure they are licensed, to see if they have any complaints with the Better Business Bureau and to ask for references.
Cathy Lerman, of the Lerman Law Firm, a consumer protection lawyer and advocate stated today: “We applaud Jenn and WPTV for taking on this critically important consumer issue. The elderly in particular need to be careful when signing any documents having to do with their homes and home improvements. Consumers need to be aware that home improvement contractors have the legal ability to place a lien against customers’ homes, so consumers need to be especially vigilant when entering into those types of agreements.”
Ms. Lerman recommends that elderly citizens avoid signing any documents or contracts without having an attorney review them in advance. “Our law firm and many others in Florida offer senior citizens, for a modest fee, legal review of contracts for many kinds of services in order to ensure that the elderly are not being exploited. No one should be in fear of losing his or her home, particularly the elderly,” added Lerman.
About the Lerman Law Firm:
Cathy Jackson Lerman, PA provides legal services in a variety of diverse matters to individuals, companies, and business owners/entrepreneurs.
*Energy Solutions of Florida / RenuEn customers question promises of savings; CEO blames salesmen, 10.2.14,
**RenuEn / Energy Solutions of Florida skipped steps meant to protect homeowners, 10.3.14,
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Bad Service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I had a guy name dave come to my house .company named Boston best junk and trash removal....he gave me a estimate and took a $1000 down payment and never..."
- "I mistakenly signed up for North American Power for both electric and gas, enticed by their low intro rates. Next thing I know, my gas bill is up to..."
- "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqeSXcXm3ug This is my personnal experience with the Bully Jeff Harmond.. The owner of Missouri Wind and solar is verry VINDICATIVE against anyone that dont buy his product.. Even people that..."
- "Fraudulent transactions on 1/31/16 and 2/1/16 (2) left a balance of $0.03 on my $25 Vanilla gift card. The loss was reported by telephone (800-571-1376) to Eddie on 3/8/16..."
- "Everytime I order from this establishment the mess up the order in some way. Doesn't matter if I place it on the phone or online. They always charge me for..."
- "Bought items 2/27/2016. Discovered crack on the 8th of March. File warranty and denied cause not done with 3 days . They didn't even call to tell me they denied..."
- "I am posting this review for my Son who has had a Very Negative experience with Ziebart Poe Ave. (Vandalia, Ohio) & Ziebart Troy, Ohio. Avoid Ziebart &..."
- "Purchased a Super Start Powersport battery from Oreilly Auto and got ripped by Oreilly's. When I first 'unwrapped' the battery when I got home, the battery case was a very tight..."
- "I used thumbtack for a contractor and you are right no accountability. It took 3 weeks to get a very small kitchen remodeled with. Countertops. Floor, backsplash. Cabinets and..."