Renuen Corporation - Scammed by Renuen Corp / Energy Solutions of Florida? Two-part series provides important steps for people to follow before signing contracts.
The Lerman Law Firm (Cathy Jackson Lerman, PA) today praised WPTV investigative reporter Jenn Strathman for her efforts to lay out key steps that consumers should take to protect themselves before hiring home improvement contractors. In a two-part series* that aired on the West Palm Beach NBC affiliate WPTV, Strathman conducted in-depth interviews with two elderly customers of Renuen Corporation, a publicly traded company (RENU) in Jupiter, Florida. These two elderly women had purchased solar water systems from the company that were not correctly permitted (according to Renuen’s CEO) and did not work properly.
Strathman warned consumers to be vigilant when signing contracts for home improvement work, particularly when the products are financed. Consumers should check out the contractor to make sure they are licensed, to see if they have any complaints with the Better Business Bureau and to ask for references.
Cathy Lerman, of the Lerman Law Firm, a consumer protection lawyer and advocate stated today: “We applaud Jenn and WPTV for taking on this critically important consumer issue. The elderly in particular need to be careful when signing any documents having to do with their homes and home improvements. Consumers need to be aware that home improvement contractors have the legal ability to place a lien against customers’ homes, so consumers need to be especially vigilant when entering into those types of agreements.”
Ms. Lerman recommends that elderly citizens avoid signing any documents or contracts without having an attorney review them in advance. “Our law firm and many others in Florida offer senior citizens, for a modest fee, legal review of contracts for many kinds of services in order to ensure that the elderly are not being exploited. No one should be in fear of losing his or her home, particularly the elderly,” added Lerman.
About the Lerman Law Firm:
Cathy Jackson Lerman, PA provides legal services in a variety of diverse matters to individuals, companies, and business owners/entrepreneurs.
*Energy Solutions of Florida / RenuEn customers question promises of savings; CEO blames salesmen, 10.2.14,
**RenuEn / Energy Solutions of Florida skipped steps meant to protect homeowners, 10.3.14,
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Bad Service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I move into a new home and I call Amerigas out to check the tank, they stated that my renew lease is $88.00 annual I sent the check and they..."
- "The Lerman Law Firm (Cathy Jackson Lerman, PA) today praised WPTV investigative reporter Jenn Strathman for her efforts to lay out key steps that consumers should take to protect themselves..."
- "I received an offer in the mail 8 months ago approximately early October 2014 stating that I would receive 25,000 Aeroplan miles for renting a water heater from Direct Energy,..."
- "Found speaker boombox from Zapals. Good sound quality, soothing color with LED light, this Bluetooth speaker has not one, but two loudspeaker units built inside its body, providing you with..."
- "I spent good money on a can of planters deluxe mixed nut an when i open the can i find a lot of nesty green nuts all in this can..."
- "We just returned from an adults get away at this fabulous all inclusive resort. We loved our room, which had an amazing ocean view and was recently renovated. Very clean..."
- "Bought items 2/27/2016. Discovered crack on the 8th of March. File warranty and denied cause not done with 3 days . They didn't even call to tell me they denied..."
- "Fraudulent transactions on 1/31/16 and 2/1/16 (2) left a balance of $0.03 on my $25 Vanilla gift card. The loss was reported by telephone (800-571-1376) to Eddie on 3/8/16..."
- "Everytime I order from this establishment the mess up the order in some way. Doesn't matter if I place it on the phone or online. They always charge me for..."